Some dietary changes can lead to positive outcomes, like weight loss. But if you skip fresh vegetables, nuts, and other crunchy, nutritious foods because of missing or damaged teeth, you’re hurting your health. With restorative dentistry in Lexington, you’ll regain your full oral function and be able to eat any foods you like.
We offer restorative treatments to:
- Remove decay and mend cavities
- Strengthen your teeth to prevent further damage
- Repair cracks, breaks, and similar damage
- Replace missing teeth
- Remove painful infected pulp from teeth
Call 859-577-9526 today to schedule a free restorative dentistry consultation with one of our dentists. If you’ve damaged teeth in a dental emergency, call us ASAP. We can usually get you in right away for same-day care!
Restorative Dental Treatments Repair Many Kinds of Damage
Whether you have a painful infected tooth or a broken tooth, we can restore your smile’s appearance and function with:
- Tooth Fillings – Our fillings are made of tooth-colored composite, never metal, so they blend easily into your smile.
- Dental Crowns – We can place metal-free crowns in as few as two visits to our office. Crowns can repair broken teeth or cavities that are too large for fillings.
- Inlays or Onlays – These restorations work well when you need more coverage than a filling but less than a crown.
- Root Canals – Our dentists use the WaveOne system to make root canals as quick and simple as possible.
Replace Teeth With Implants or Other Options
Nothing adversely affects your smile’s form and function as much as missing teeth. We provide several options for replacing teeth:
- Dental Implants – Versatile implants can replace any number of teeth, from one tooth to all of them. Unlike other teeth replacements, implants will keep you from losing bone density in your jaw.
- Dental Bridge – A bridge replaces a single tooth or fills a gap left by several teeth. A traditional bridge is supported by crowns placed on your teeth on either side of the gap. We can instead attach a bridge to dental implants. Doing so means we won’t have to change the structure of your healthy teeth.
- Dentures – Choose full dentures or a partial denture. For added security, we can attach dentures to implants.
Common Questions About Restorative Dentistry
What is restorative dentistry?
Restorative dentistry procedures allow you to keep your smile completely intact and to enjoy full oral function. Restorative treatment is used to fix problems like cavities and broken teeth and also to replace missing teeth. At our office we offer dental fillings, root canals, inlays, onlays, dental crowns, and dental bridges.
How much does restorative dentistry cost?
The cost of restorative care varies, depending on the extent of your dental damage and the kind of restorations used to fix your problems. Finding problems in their early stages is the best way to minimize costs. That’s why we use laser cavity detectors. Small cavities can easily be treated with a filling. A larger cavity will require a crown or even cause you to lose your tooth.
What is aesthetic restorative dentistry?
Aesthetic restorative dentistry involves using dental restorations to improve the appearance of your teeth, not just the function. While crowns are often used to repair cracked or broken teeth, we can also use them to correct cosmetic imperfections such as stained or misshapen teeth. Most restorative dentistry improves your smile’s appearance!