Whether you break a tooth or develop a sudden sharp pain in your jaw, it’s hard not to feel stressed during dental emergencies in Lexington. You’ll feel much calmer if you can get same-day care. With extended hours and time in our schedule reserved for emergencies, that’s usually not a problem at Smart Dental!
In addition to same-day appointments, our emergency dental care includes:
- Technology that ensures your care is as quick and comfortable as possible, like our WaveOne system for root canals
- Hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, which makes it easy to work emergencies into our schedule
- Dentists who have handled just about every kind of emergency in their combined 60-plus years of practice
- Restorative dentistry procedures to repair even the most damaged smiles
- Effective local anesthesia to numb your mouth and quickly get you out of pain
In addition, you can text questions to us at 859-759-0916. Feel free to include a photo of your problem to help illustrate your situation. You’ll receive a speedy response since we check our texts often – even outside regular business hours.
Many Emergencies Require Restorative Dentistry Procedures
In many emergency situations, you’ll need restorative care like a dental crown or a root canal. Here is how we typically treat some common emergencies:
- Cavities – Depending on the size of the cavity and where it’s located, among other factors, our dentists will repair it with a filling or a dental crown. We use metal-free restorations so they won’t stand out in your smile.
- Infected Teeth – We can remove infected pulp during a root canal. We use technology called WaveOne to perform the procedure as efficiently as possible.
- Cracked or Broken Teeth – A crown repairs these problems and strengthens your tooth so it’s less likely to suffer any further damage. If the damage is too extensive for repair, we can remove your tooth.
- Receding Gums – If gum disease isn’t treated in its early stages, your gums can recede, and your bone can begin to break down. This can cause tooth loss. We offer treatments for every stage of gum disease to prevent this from happening.
We Take the Stress Out of Paying for Emergency Care
Unlike other kinds of dental care, you probably won’t have budgeted for unexpected emergency treatment. Understandably, you may be worried about payment. You don’t need to be here! We offer several options, one of which will be right for you. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards. You can also take advantage of our flexible in-house financing or financing from CareCredit. Our Membership Plan, which allows you to make low monthly payments for your dental care, includes one emergency exam per year.
Call us ASAP at (859) 309-1356 for urgent dental care. Our usual response is, “How soon can you get here?” New patients can receive an emergency exam for just $49. Call Smart Dental ASAP for dental emergencies in Lexington, KY today!
Common Questions About Dental Emergencies
How do I get dental care for emergencies?
Simply call us ASAP in an emergency, and chances are good we’ll be able to offer you a same-day appointment. With our two dentists and our hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. five days a week, we’re almost always able to quickly see you. New patients pay just $49 for an emergency exam.
What happens in dental emergencies without insurance?
If you’ve experienced an emergency, it’s important to see us ASAP whether or not you have insurance. If you’re a new patient, an emergency exam will cost just $49. You can pay for your exam and/or treatment with cash, check, or a credit card. You can also use our in-house financing or financing from CareCredit. With our Membership Plan, you’ll receive one free emergency exam a year.
What can I do for dental emergencies on Sunday?
At most dental practices, the answer would be “not much.” However, we have a number where patients can text questions about dental emergencies – or anything else. You can even include a photo to give us a better idea of your condition. We check texts often, even on weekends. We’ll be able to advise you on exactly what to do.