If you’re missing teeth, you’re missing other things too – like the ability to eat whatever you want and showing your smile with complete confidence. Dental implants in Lexington give you:
- A Smile Full of Beautiful Teeth – Implants can support all kinds of dental restorations including a crown, a bridge, or dentures. This versatility allows you to replace any number of teeth.
- Improved Oral Health – When you lose teeth, you also lose their roots. Without stimulation from roots, the bone in your jaw shrinks. Implants provide the stimulation your jaw needs to stay strong and healthy.
- Teeth That Feel Comfortable – Since your new teeth stay securely in place, there’s no uncomfortable rubbing against your gums.
- A Younger Appearance – A stronger jaw keeps your face looking fuller and younger.
- Convenient Care – You won’t need special cleaning solutions for your replacement teeth or adhesive to keep them in place.
- A Secure Bite – Implants keep your replacement teeth from shifting out of place, so you can eat whatever you’d like without worrying about embarrassing slippage.
To see if you’d benefit from implant dentistry, call (859) 309-1356 to schedule a free consultation.
Receive Your Entire Procedure From Our Implant Dentists
Some dentists send you to an oral surgeon for dental implant placement, then later restore your implants with replacement teeth. Our implant dentists both place and restore implants, so you won’t have to see another doctor for any part of your procedure. We offer many kinds of implants, including mini dental implants. Since they are smaller than full-size implants and easier on your jaw, mini implants may work better for some situations.
Choose from these dental implant procedures:
- Dental Implant With Dental Crown – To replace a single tooth, we will attach a durable dental crown to one implant. Depending on where the tooth is in your mouth and other factors, we may be able to use a mini dental implant.
- Implant-Supported Dental Bridge – With an implant-supported bridge, there’s no need to drill into healthy teeth. With a conventional bridge, we must add crowns to at least two teeth that we alter before placing the bridge.
- Implant-Secured Dentures – You won’t need adhesive to secure dentures attached to implants.
For dental implants in Lexington, call Smart Dental at (859) 309-1356.
Common Questions About Dental Implants
Will dental implants last a lifetime?
Dental implants can and do last for decades. Studies have shown that implants have a success rate in excess of 98 percent. We’ll ensure your jaw is strong enough to support implants. In some cases, you may need a bone graft to increase bone strength. You’ll need to practice good oral hygiene to avoid gum infections, which can result in implant failure.
Will my dental implants look natural?
Your implants aren’t actually visible. We embed implants in your jaw, where your bone grows around them in a process called osseointegration. When implants have healed, we’ll attach a dental restoration to them: a crown, a bridge, or dentures. Our restorations are made of high-quality materials like porcelain, and we match them to the color of your other teeth so they look natural in your smile.
Can dental implants come loose?
Dental implant failure is very rare. Smokers and those suffering from diseases like cancer, diabetes, and osteoporosis experience a higher rate of failure than other patients. If you grind your teeth, you should get a mouthguard to prevent damage to your implants. It’s important to brush and floss daily to prevent gum infection. The bone supporting teeth can break down in advanced cases of perio-implant disease. This could cause an implant to come loose.